We are now at a point in the offseason when most of the rosters are set and little to no substantial moves will be made. So with the roster seemingly set, I am here to attempt to predict who the team awards will go too. With that being said let’s begin!!
MVP: Saquon Barkley
- If the New York Giants experience any form of success in 2020 Saquon Barkley will indeed be a major part of it. Without a doubt, Saquon is the most talented player on the whole roster, and when he succeeds the Giants also succeed.
Runner-up: Daniel Jones
OROY: Andrew Thomas
- Picking the winner of this award was extremely tricky being that the New York Giants only invested 3 draft picks into the offensive side of the ball and all of those picks being linemen. So with that being said im gonna have to hand this award to the #4 overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft Andrew Thomas. While I did consider giving this award to an undrafted free agent signing like a Binjimen Victor or an Austin Mack, however, there is a real possibility neither of them even makes the final roster.
Runner-up: Binjimen Victor
DROY: Xavier McKinney
- This award came down to 2 players for me Darnay Holmes at of UCLA and Xavier McKinney out of Alabama. I ended up giving this award to McKinney because of many reasons a few of those being, that he’s more talented and his position is somewhat if not fully secured. We still do not know if Julian Love or Darnay Holmes will be the starting Nickel Corner come week 1 and it is almost 100% confirmed that Mckinney will be the starting free safety then.
Runner-up: Darnay Holmes
OPOY: Daniel Jones
- I have Daniel Jones winning the offensive player of the year award simply because I expect a monster year out of him in 2020. An improved offensive line with Andrew Thomas, much better coaching, and 1 year of experience under Daniel Jones’s belt what’s stopping him from breaking out this year and throwing 30+ touchdowns and 4000+ yards? Before handing this award to Danny Dimes I strongly considered giving Darius Slayton this award because of the new Air Coryell system Jason Garrett will be bringing over from Dallas which perfectly fits Slayton’s playstyle.
Runner-up: Darius Slayton
DPOY: James Bradberry
- The newly acquired James Bradberry formerly of the Carolina Panthers is my pick for the New York Giants defensive player of the year award in 2020. This award came down to 2 players for me, Jabrill Peppers and James Bradberry I went with Bradberry for this award because he will be used in just one position unlike Peppers who will be moved around from the linebacker position to the nickel and back to the safety position.
Runner-up: Jabrill Peppers
BPOY: Oshane Ximines
- In Oshane’s rookie season he flashed his potential despite being low on the depth chart and only playing 44% of the snaps. Now that he is an assumed starter (pending the Markus Golden situation) expect Ximines to have a much bigger impact on the team. This award came down to Ximines or Darius Slayton I went with Ximines because I honestly believe he has a bigger chance of being something special and breaking out this year.
Runner-up: Darius Slayton