Weight: 245 LBS
Position: Center/Power Forward
Team: USC Trojans
Onyeka Okongwu is arguably the best big man in this year’s draft class and a member of the famous 2016 Chino Hills men’s basketball team. Coming out of high school Okongwu was a highly touted prospect due to being a starter at Chino Hills, his intangibles, lastly the fact that he was ranked #20 on the ESPN top 100. Onyeka received offers from; Alabama, Arizona State, Cal, DePaul, Kansas, San Diego State, TCU, UCLA, UNLV, Utah, Washington, and USC were Onyeka later committed to. At USC Onyeka averaged; 16.2 PPG, 8.6 RPG, and 1.1 APG on 61.6% from the field.
Strengths & Weaknesses
- Okongwu is a Self-named excellent shot-blocker.
- He manages to keep himself out of foul trouble.
- Very dominant in the paint on the offensive side.
- Great rebounder
- Very athletic
- He is a horrific passer.
- He needs to space the floor better as all NBA big men know how to do now.
- Can improve his shooting.
- Occasional defensive lapses.
- He needs to improve his shooting range.
Onyeka is my #3 ranked big man for this draft class, He is a very athletic forward who will give you rebounds and an occasional double-double my ceiling for him is Bam Adebayo. However, I do not believe he will ever reach that due to his lack of shooting and his horrible passing. Lastly, my projection for him is a rotational player that will get you good minutes off the bench.