Weight: 216 LBS
Position: Point Guard
Team: Ratiopharm Ulm
Age: 18 (19 come draft night)
Killian Hayes is a French Basketball player for Ratiopharm Ulm. Hayes is projected to be a top 10 pick in the 2020 NBA Draft. Since going pro in October 2017 Killian has played for 2 teams, Cholet Basket in France, and Ratiopharm Ulm in Germany. While playing at Cholet Basket Killian averaged; 4.7 PPG, 2.1 APG, and 1.4 RPG over 2 years. However, since making the move to Germany to play for Ratiopharm Ulm each of Killian’s statistical categories has improved greatly with Killian averaging; 12.8 PPG, 6.2 APG, and 2.3 RPG.
Strengths & Weaknesses
– Killian has elite Free Throw shooting, shooting 91% from the line in 2019.
– Extreme athleticism that will excite fans.
– Great open court speed that will make him a force on the break.
– Killian finishes at the rim strong and frequently puts defenders on posters
– A lethal stepback and if it gets consistent may rival James Hardens
– Creative handle that allows him to create shots for himself and others
– Often ignores his right hand when driving
– Turnovers, Killian needs to secure the ball more when passing as he averaged 4.7 turnovers per 36 minutes
– Gets in foul trouble consistently
– Needs to build muscle
– Occasional defensive lapses
Pro comparison: D’Angelo Rusell